Every year, The Computer School holds a Jogathon in October. This school wide fundraising effort goes toward lowering the cost of our school trips. The Jogathon is a great way to build community, school spirit and it’s a lot of fun. The Jogathon takes place in Van Cortland Park.
This is how it works:
- Each student brings home a pledge sheet on which family, neighbors and friends can sign up to sponsor the student for each lap completed
- Students will be on a team and they will decorate their team t-shirt
- Everyone travels to Van Cortland Park in the Bronx (right off of the 1 train) and jog, run and walk laps, eat lunch and express school spirit.
- Student laps are tallied, and students will bring home their pledge sheets, do the math, and let their sponsors know how much they have earned via their laps.
- Students pack lunch, bring water and wear plenty of layers
Students will be dismissed from 79th & Broadway after we exit the 1 train station. Students may also walk back to The Computer School with teachers in order to meet a parent/guardian/babysitter for pick up (or for an after school activity.)