The Computer School Counseling Program
Middle school is a time of great change: growth, exploration – and sometimes confusion – for parents and guardians as well as students. We are here to help families negotiate the challenges of middle school and we work to facilitate academic achievement, thoughtful, ethical behavior and personal responsibility.
My mission is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program to ensure that every student has the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve academic success, enjoy personal and social fulfillment, and have access to wide college and career options.
My vision is based on the belief that:
- Every student has the right to participate in a school counseling program that acknowledges his/her worth, dignity and unique qualities
- It is the responsibility of the counseling program to provide services that are accessible to students of every cultural background and developmental level
- Our counseling program will be aligned with a model of developmental student competencies for all students throughout their years at The Computer School
- Our counseling program will support every student’s ability to have access to the widest range of career and college options
- Our counseling program will be informed by our code of ethics of the American School Counselor Association