High School Information
2018 Manhattan Borough HIGH SCHOOL FAIRS
If you did not make it to the fair this past weekend, you can still attend the one on October 13 and 14, at Martin Luther King, Jr. Educational Campus, 122 Amsterdam Avenue, from 10AM – 3PM.
Please watch this video: How Students Get Offers to New York City Public Schools
Please visit the DOE’s High School Webpage for many resources and information: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/High/default.htm
6th and 7th grade families:
- TESTING GUIDE all about NYC high school admissions testing, with everything you need to know about selective high school tests, including the newly designed SHSAT. Here
7th grade family:
Maurice Frumkin from NYC Admissions Solutions
(former DOE high school admissions official) has provided a free high school admissions checklist for 7th grade families you can use to put yourself in great position for next year. Simply download the checklist here
or it is attached.
We hope this helps you as you start to think about high school admissions for your child!
Students who tour high school during the school day must return to school with a note from the high school visited. This note must be given to his/her homeroom teacher for attendance purposes. Attendance can only be changed to reflect a tour (non-absence) if the student provides us with documentation. Any questions, please contact the Main Office at 917-441-1236.
Click here for a full listing in the Fall of 2018. There will be updated information as it becomes available. In addition, be sure to check the high school’s website for updates.
Click here for the DOE’s webpage of ALL school’s information on tours and open houses: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/High/events/default.htm
Please click on the link below to see a schedule for the Specialized High Schools Fall 2018 Open House
NON SPECIALIZED OPEN HOUSE/TOUR DATES
- Central Park East HS
- Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Tuesday, October 23, 2048
- Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- All open-house sessions run from 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- Harvest Collegiate
- Thursday, October 18 from 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Thursday, October 18 from 6:45pm – 7:45pm
- Tuesday, November 13 from 5:15pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesday, November 13 from 6:45pm – 7:45pm
- Tuesday, November 13 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Tuesday, November 13 from 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday, October 18 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday, October 18 from 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Urban Assembly Maker Academy
- Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Monday, October 15, 2018 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Tuesday October 2, 2018 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:00am – 11:00am
- UA Gateway for Technology 6-7PM
- September 25th, 2018
- November 13th, 2018
- October 16th, 2018
Beacon High School Fall 2018 Open Houses (no registration necessary)
Beacon offers two Open House events in the fall. Open houses run 4:30-7:00pm.
For Students in Brooklyn, Queens and SI:
Thursday, October 11
For Students in Bronx and Manhattan
Tuesday, October 30
Millennium High School Tours
Registration is required. Register via the Millennium website.
NEST+m Open Houses
Registration is required.
Register via the NEST+m website.
Eleanor Roosevelt High School Open Houses
Registration is required. Register via the Eleanor Roosevelt website.
Manhattan Hunter Science
Registration is required. Register via the Manhattan Hunter website
Registration is required. Register via the Harvest Collegiate website
NYC iSchool – check website
Frank McCourt High School – check website
The Clinton School for Writers & Artists – check website